Saturday, September 27, 2014

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation Review

Today I will be reviewing a foundation I had the chance to purchase a couple weeks ago. Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation. (Longest name ever? Holy crap!)

But before we get into this, I just want to say that I do have very oily acne prone skin. So what may work for me, may or may not work for you. Remeber that we all have different skin types as well as different reactions to different products. Now, if you want to read what I think about this foundation, continue on! (:


About this foundation: 

"15 hour staying power. Flawless all day. This worry-free, long-wearing makeup stays fresh and looks natural through heat, humidity and nonstop activity. 

Won't change color, smudge, or come off on clothes. Feels lightweight and comforable. 

Now the flawless look you see in the morning is the look you keep all day." 

BENEFITS: 

Long-wear: 15 hours
Medium, Buildable
Non-transferable

FINISH: 

 Natural
 Semi-matte

Formula Facts:

 Oil free
 Dermatologist-tested
 Non-acnegenic; won't clog pores
 Fragrance-free


The packaging for this foundation
is nice, but because there is no pump, I don't find it very practical for traveling. It comes in a frosty glass bottle that holds 1.0 ounce of foundation. The bottle seems pretty durible, but I would still be careful not to drop it. (Wouldn't want all that money to go to waste!)


I didn't want to make this post rediculously long by posting several different photos. So instead, I decided to put them all together. The top left picture is what it looks like when it first comes out of the bottle. As you can see, this foundation is a very runny liquid formula, so I used my finger to get it out versus pouring and making a big mess (I know, not very hygenic of me!).

The bottom left is it swatched, while the last picture shows what it looks like spread all over  the top of my hand. In that photo, you can see that it does dry to an almost completely matte finish.

One thing I've learned about oily skin, liquid foundations are best. Which, when I was speaking with one of the ladys who works at Estee Lauder, she suggested this foundation for me. She said for two reasons, this is formulated especially for those with oily skin, and also because of it's staying power of a matte finish. 

This foundation also comes in a variety of 30 different shade, which means there's a shade for just about everyone!


Not going to lie, this was pretty hard (and slightly embarassing) for me to post. But I sucked it up because I wanted you too better see the coverage this foundation gives.

I do have some acne scarring as well as some acne on my chin (my problem area), so I wanted something to really cover that up. I know most medium to full coverage foundations feel a little heavy on the skin, and because this is a medium (buildable) coverage, that's exactly what I had expected. 



But to my suprise, it didn't feel heavy at all. It gave great coverage (with slight layering) with a lovely lightweight feel. I can't say it felt like I was wearing nothing because it did, but it definitely was very comfortable. Also a beautiful flawless finish! (was applied at 7am)


The claim of "flawless all day, worry-free, long-wear stay fresh" makeup definitely holds true. After an 8hour humid day (plus wearing a long sleeve shirt and jeans thinking it would be cooler), my makeup is still in place. Only the tiniest bit dewy, and still covering my scaring just as I first applied. My problem area is slightly visible, but after 8hours (3pm) I was pleased.

After an hour however, I did start to get a bit more dewy. Not to long after that slight shine from the oils finally started seeping through, requiring some blotting throughout the rest of the evening (which in all honestly, I expect that from any long wear of a foundation). The staying power of this though was certainly impressive compared to the drugstore ones I have tried.

Pros and cons: 

Foundation doesn't transfer
Controls oil and shine for up to 8hours
 Lightweight feel
 Has a matte finish
Medium to full coverage
Doesn't get cakey
 Doesn't clog pores/cause breakouts
 Doesn't last 15hours without needing to blot/powder
Doesn't come with a pump
(Although, I hear 
Does cost more than I normally would spend ($37)

My Overall Thoughts

I really love this foundation, this is definitely a repurchase for me (when I'm not broke lol). The coverage of this is better than most drugstore foundations I have used. I feel like Revelons Colorstay could be a close dupe, though not exactly (maybe I'll do a comparison in the future?). This would make a great summer/spring pick to help control shine. Though I wouldn't recommend this for those who have dry skin because this is a bit drying it self, since it is more for those with oily skin.

That is all for todays review, I hope you all enjoyed reading and have a great weekend! 

Have you tried this foundation before?
If so, share your thoughts/opinions below;
I would love to hear them! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment