Tuesday, September 30, 2014

September 2014 Favorites

Since I've been testing out different foundations, I won't be including any in this month's favorites. Seeing how I didn't really "favor" one, I didn't find it appropriate. 

Moving on to what I did love this month! 


I don't have too much, as I've been trying out some new things. There is a nice little mixture however of skin care, hair, and makeup items. 


Starting with face products:
 Rimmel London Fix & Perfect Pro Primer
This is by far my favorite primer I've tried. I'm on my second tube, which sadly does not last very long. But I don't even care (yes I do). It provides such a beautiful, silky smooth canvas for your foundation. As long as this is available, you bet your sweet butt I'll keep purchasing!

E.l.f Makeup Mist & Set
I've never actually tried a setting spray before this one, so I have nothing to compare it to. Although, since I've been using this, which was about a year ago (and I'm only half way through!) I can say that it has helped prolong my makeup. After trying this one, I now want to try the one by MAC and maybe Urban Decay.

L'Oreal True Match Super Blendable Concealer
I've tried a few different concealers this month, and this one I find myself always grabbing for! It does a great job of blending, and gives awesome coverage. This stuff seriously lasts all day, I never have to touch up! It comes with a wand like a lip gloss that I don't like very much, but I still love this concealer!

Clinique Acne Solutions Clearing Concealer (corrective green)
As for clearing acne goes, I haven't seen a difference. I've been using this for a few months now for correcting red spots. It does a pretty good job, but like any corrector, it can be tricky to apply. If it's on the rep spot but also blotchy around, you'll have an unflattering white ring once your makeup is applied. So make sure to use a q-tip to clean the edges afterwards! Since I have used this so much I included this in my favorites, but I probably wouldn't repurchase.

Rimmel London Scandaleyes Lycra Flex Mascara
This is my absolute favorite mascara hands down! I have repurchased this more times than I can remember, and I've tried quite a bit. My lashes aren't particularly long and full, but this gives my lashes amazing length and volume with no clumps. What more could you ask for? I really love this paired with a new mascara I've been trying, also from Rimmels Scandaleyes line is Retro Glam. I'll be doing a separate review on that later!

E.L.F Eyebrow Kit
I'm still getting the hang of doing my eyebrows, and I've tried a few different inexpensive kits, but I do have to say, this one by e.l.f is pretty amazing. (Talk about a run on sentence). E.l.f has a lot of hit or miss products, and this is definitely one. I love that it has both a gel and powder to use, as well a little brush. I believe this is about $3, so if you haven't tried it, you definitely should!


Next I have a few lip products that I've really been loving this month!

Makeup Academy Sugar Lip Scrub
I love the fact this is in a tube like a lipgloss versus a jar where you have to dip your fingers. Not only is this super convenient, but it's really easy to use. This makes your lips soo soft, and smells (tastes) amazing! I love using this if I'm going to use a lipstick especially.

Wet and Wild Bare it All 902C Lipstick 
I'm not a huge lipstick person for the fact I work 40hrs a week, and I have no where to where it. But when I do, this is my favorite nude-y color! It also pairs beautifully with Nyx Butter Gloss in Crème Brulee.

NYX Butter Gloss Creme Brulee
I never really cared for lipgloss nor do I now. However, this is a beautiful color and it stays nicely. I do have to reapply often, but these are super creamy and smell soooo yummy! This particular color is my favorite. I'm very pale, so anything dark or bright really washes me out.

Blistex Medicated Berry Balm spf 15
This is a really random one, but I wear it all the time, and I feel like it does a pretty good job.This stuff lasts forever on the lips and smells well, like berries.


I wasn't going to include any brushes, but I couldn't resist!

E.L.F Small Stipple Brush
I've absolutely been loving this brush, particularly for cream blushes! This is the first stipple  brush I had ever used or owned, but my goodness this leaves the most perfect flush of color. It did take some practice maneuvering, but I eventually got it down. The bristles are sooo soft but yet dense enough. Certainly not something you'd expect for $3


Next is some skin care I've used for years and can't get enough of.

Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel Pore Perfecting Toner
This is the only one I have only started using a few months ago. I used to use the very orignal Dickinsons Original Witch Hazel. When I saw this though, I wanted to see which one I liked better. I like them both, but I do prefer the first original. This does do a really nice job at cleaning all the excess residue and really helps tighten up my pores. If your sensitive to smells though, you may want to pass as this is pretty strong.

Noxzema Classic Clean the Original
I don't know what it is about this stuff, but I have litterally been repurshasing this for years. This really grabs ahold of everything, including makeup and takes it right off like nothing. The smell reminds me of a vapor rub, but I don't mind it (my bf hates it). After your all done your skin feels nice and refreshed!

St. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub
When I used to work for Dunkin Donuts, one of my eployees recommened this to me. That same day I ran out and bought it and I've loved it ever since! You're supposed to use this one to two times a week, anymore than that will irritate your skin. Also, when I was going to cosmetology school I remember my teacher telling us that it could also really damage the sensitive layers of our skin. I like to use this just once a week in the shower, and it does a really great job at preventing acne. And even though I've been having problem breakouts lately, I will still hold onto my faith of this product!


And finally, hair products!

Neutrogena Shampoo Anti-residue Formula
This was raved all over youtube awhile back so I wanted to try it out. I only use this two to three times a month, and when I do boy does my hair and scalp feel super clean! I'm really crazy about my hair and keeping it as healthy as possible, so this is the only hair product I own that contains a sulfate.

Shea Moisture Argan & Raw Shea Extra Moisture Conditioner w/ Sea Kelp 
Talk about a long name. Anywho, I really love this conditioner because not only is it super moisturizing, it contains no sulfates, silicones, parabens and a bunch of other stuff that's not good for your hair. See? I even read the ingredients. This makes my hair soo soft and smooth. I like to leave a little exta in as a leave in conditioner, especially since my hair does not retain moisture very well. It sort of helps lock it in.

So that is it for my September favorites, I hope you enjoyed reading!

What were your favorite items this month?
Let me know in the comments below! (:

2 comments:

  1. I really want to try that Rimmel primer! I have bad luck with primers breaking out my face. Have you tried the Rimmel stay matte primer? I didn't like that one was I was kind of skeptical to try the one you showed. I also love the nyx butter gloss in Creme brûlée! Nice Favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't broken out from it, and my makeup lasts all day. You should definitely give it a try! And I actually have their stay matte primer on now! I really love it, especially with the l'oreal paris lumi foundation. Not too crazy using it with matte foundations though, I find it a bit too much if you know what I mean! I'm glad you enjoyed, thanks so much for reading! (:

      Delete