Sunday, September 28, 2014

Mini Drugstore haul: Acne Facial Cleansers

I've been having an acne problem the last few weeks, and since I haven't had a real problem breakout since middle school, it's been frustrating. I didn't have intentions of picking anything up, but when I came across the skincare isle, I decided to check out what they had.


I haven't bought anything for breakouts in so long, I really didn't know what to look for. I hate the trial and error process, because I always feel like nothing works for me or makes me break out even worse. Do you see my problem? It's real..

There were a few things that initially caught my eye, two of which I've heard quite a bit about.

● Nature by Canus All Natural Moisturizing 
Facial Cleansing Milk & Make-up Remover
● Clean & Clear Acne Control
Moisurizer
● Neutrogena Oil-Free Pink Grapefruit
Foaming Scrub
● Neutrogena Oil-Free Pink Grapefruit
Facial Cleanser


So the first thing I picked up was this Cleansing Milk & Makeup Remover. I've never heard of Nature by Canus before, but I like that this didn't contain any mineral oil. I hate the residue it leaves behind, and my skin never feels clean after using something with it like Ponds. However, the one thing I didn't notice till after I got home was that this is for normal to dry skin. I have oily skin, so hopefully I won't end up having to return it.


The next thing I decided to get was this acne control moisturizer by Clean & Clear. I didn't need a new one since I already have one by St. Ives, but I don't really care for it too much. So I thought I would try this out. Plus, I've never tried any moisturizer spefically for acne.



I'm sure everyone has seen the commercials for Neutrogena's Grapefruit Acne Wash's. I've never really been a fan of scented facial products, but for some reason I was drawn to these. I typically like scrubs, but I also wanted something a little less harsh so decided to go with both. They do have a nice scent to them, but I always worry about irritation. My skins not very sensitive, but that can always change.

I do plan on doing reviews for most of these products, but since you should give your skin a   good month to adjust to something new, it won't be for awhile.

I hope you all enjoyed this post and thank you for reading!

Have you tried any of these products before?
If so, tell me your thoughts below!
Also, what are your favorite things
 to use to help clear a breakout?
I'd love to hear about them! (:

2 comments:

  1. I have tried that pink grapefruit one by Neutrogena before! I liked it okay but I prefer the Neutrogena deep clean gentle scrub. It's really amazing. Have you tried any cetaphil face cleansers before? I use the gentle skin cleanser (not the face one) and it really helped my acne and breakouts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the cetaphil cleanser before but I've heard some great things from other reviewers! I'll have to check that out if these don't work for me!

      Delete