Sunday, September 21, 2014

Late weekend post + My first experience in Sephora

Last weekend my boyfriend and I wanted to do something fun for our daughter (aka sunshine). He chose to go to The Childrens Museum, which neither sunshine or I have been. Actually, I've never even heard of it. But the idea was really cool, I mean come on, a museum where your two year old can touch EVERYTHING they please?! HECK YEAH!

So after we let her run her energy out and have a blast, we went to the mall to grab something to eat. And I still had extra money left over from my Estee Lauder purchase the weekend before, so I wanted to check out Sephora. You see, I'm not exactly a people person. Infact, I'm really awkward and shy. Omg, the shyness drives me insane. But, we have traits we need to work on. As far as makeup stores go, I've always felt intimidated by all the girls and makeup professionals who actually know every brand out there, and what's used for what and how to actually apply it all properly and flawlessly. Then there's me, completely clueless. I'm the lost puppy frantically searching for a safe place out of everyones way. 

But I sucked it up and went in! And to my suprise, it wasn't as bad as I anticipated. However, having a curious two year old who likes to touch (like the museum previously mentioned) doesn't mix well with makeup.

While looking at the Benefit Section, I picked sunshine up to keep her out of hands reach of things, and well.. aparently I didn't do a good enough job..


A lady shopping looked over at me and asked if she did that. I looked at her, and oh my I wish you could have seen my face. I was speechless! I didn't feel her move or anything,  and I still have no idea where she grabbed the lipstick from! I wasn't even near any! She must have grabbed it before I picked her up. 

It was the funniest situation ever. Thankfully, for being a makeup store, they had stuff to help clean her up. Of course everyone who walked in was staring and laughing and doing their "awws". Needless to say, sunshine had a blast and thought it was the coolest thing in the world,  "mommy makeooop just like you!" she smiles and says lol

And while babe finished cleaning her up, I went to cash out. Now, from the title, this was the first time I'd ever been in a Sephora, so when I saw there were two cashiers with two registers, I figured there were two lines. So of course got behind the one with the least amount of people.

As I was waiting in line though, I could see girls in the longer line giving me weird looks. I thought at first maybe they saw my daughter or something and they were the few who didn't think think the incident was so funny? But once I got to the cashier I realized why everyone was giving me weird looks. It wasn't because of my daughter, but because they probably thought I was I cutting... I had no idea there was ONE line for two registers. Which had to top of my entire experience.

So that was my herendous first time.. Needless to say, a small Sephora will be coming soon!

How was your first experience in Sephora? 
Did you have kids with you? 
Share your first experience in the comments below! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment