Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Ready for fall: New hair color

Fall time is here and it is definitely my favorite time of the year. Everything is changing and starting fresh. The beautiful leaves, new face of pumpkins, crisp smell of fire, and my hair color!

I waited nearly five months to dye my hair again. I've been trying to keep it really healthy, I changed out all my hair products for sulfate, silicone, and paraben free ones. I don't wash my hair nearly as often as I used too (trust me, I know how that sounds), and I s&d just about every week. My biggest downfall though, is dying my hair.

The hair color I had previously was (an extremely faded) L'oreal Preference Lush Cherry. It's really a beautiful color, and if you've ever watched Casey Holmes on youtube from last fall that was the color she had.


So this is the color I had before. As you can see, there used to be some red which turned into a more brassy orange-y color (attractive right?). 


The color I used this time was from L'oreal Preference Mega Browns line I
in Mocha with a base of gold and red-vilot. I really did want just a pure brown color with a gold base, but the sample for the Mocha was so pretty. Unfortunately for me, because I had red in my hair from the last dye and others before that, the red in this dye pulled through more than I would have liked.

Along with the hair dye, I used One 'n Only Argan Oil Hair Color Cream Developer. Everytime I do my hair I always alwaays get this stuff. I love the fact it has argan oil, so even though I'm still damaging it, seeing that makes me feel a little bit better. I used 20 volume only because color doesn't lift color, so I wanted to see if this would help lock in the deep mocha color. (If I wasn't so ghostly I would have gone with soft black).

Lastly! For the washing process, I used L'oreal's Oleo Therapy deep conditioner (review coming soon). I don't usually use shampoo when I dye my hair, just for the fact I find them really drying. Some think using shampoo will strip some color, but in all honesty, it doen't.


And this is the final results! It's not as dark as I was hoping but I'm really happy about it. Next time I will probably go with a much darker brown, but we'll see. Till then, I'm ready for Fall!

That's all for todays post, I hope you enjoyed and thank you for reading!

Are you ready for fall?
Did you make any changes?
I'd love to hear about it!(:

3 comments:

  1. Hi Hillary thanks for visiting and following my blog! I really like your hair! I hear that L'Oréal has some great products for hair! I wore my hair in curls during the Summer, so I switched it up with braids for Fall. This Fall I plan on wearing more darker shades of lipsticks! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Pilar, and thank you so much for reading! I'm glad you enjoyed this(: Darker lipstick shades are definitely on my list this fall!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE your new hair color!!! It looks so stunning on you!! I've been wanting to try a red tone in my hair for forever now but I'm so scared lol!! You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete