Sunday, October 12, 2014

Big News + EOTD!

If you have read my second post, then you would know my family and I have been going through a hard time. I didn't give specific details, and I don't plan to now, more so because it is a very personal matter. However, just when I thought this horrid thunderstorm would never come to an end, sunshine had finally shed it's light!

About a week ago we were at my daughters aunt's house, and she was telling us about a home her family was looking at. Her family is a bit larger than ours, now that they have a newborn, so it turned out to not be very ideal for them. 

As I'm listening to her go on in great detail, I couldn't help but think how perfect it sounded. Since she had said they weren't taking it, I asked if she would mind giving us the number to call and check it out for ourselves. Well, once we left, I called and was told we could come right down. So of course we headed right to it, and my goodness it was beautiful and so spacious! Plus it had an extra bedroom, which is perfect for when we finally decide to have another baby. 

Well, a week later (today) we put down a down payment. And guys, WE MOVE IN THREE WEEKS!

Now that I got to share my good news with you, here is my EOTD!


Don't mind the lil mess from my mascara, and the fact I accidentally went a tad far in my crease, and that annoying hair... Other than that, here's the look I created today using the Maybelline's NUDES Palette. 


How I got this look:

*Note: I used E.l.f's smudge pot in Back to Basics all over my lid up to my brow bone.

Bottom row:

 I used the 3rd X(Fifth color in) all over my lid up to my brow bone.
 I used the 1st X in my crease and blended it out.
 I used the 2nd X(Forth color in) I used in the outer corner and blended slightly in my crease and out.

Top row:

 I used the 1stX(Forth color in) I used in my inner crease and blended 2/3 on the lid.

This was just a quick* post, but I hope you all enjoyed this look! I'm loving this palette more than I thought I would!

Have a fun and safe weekend everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new home Hillary! I'm so happy for you!

    Beautiful eye look you created!! Those colors look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ashley! We are super excited!! And thank you! I've been getting the hang of using a transition color, and I see what you by making it easier to blend.everything together! Lol

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! :) what exciting news! Eye make up is fab btw! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It definitely it, now I'll going crazy counting down lol and thank you again, I'm glad you liked it!(:

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on the new home! That is exciting news indeed! Gorgeous eye makeup look you created, I love the colors you used! I need to put my Maybelline palette to use soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pilar! I have a count down app on my phone now lol And you definitely need too! I didn't think I would find much use out of it, but it's definitely becoming a favorite of mine!

      Delete