Friday, October 24, 2014

FOTN: Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette

Hey everyone! I wasn't going to post this at first (I didn't even take pictures), but after we got back home I decided I really liked how everything turned out! The weekends are the only time I really get to take my time to do my makeup. Since I work (more like live) at a mill 6-7 days a week, I don't really do my makeup much. So you best believe I get uber excited when the weekend comes!


I did use quite a bit of products for this look. I feel like I've been using the same things over and over and neglecting everything else I have. There were also some new products I haven't tried yet, so I took the opportunity to test them out!



The lighting wasn't very consistent, so I added these two for you too see how the outcome looks in different lighting. Plus I was loving my new comfy sweater my bf bought me earlier(;

Prime and Conceal


 Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro Pimer.
 Maybelline BabySkin Insta Pore Eraser.
 L'Oreal True Match Super-blendable Concealer.
 E.l.f High Definition Under Eye Setting Powder.

Once I toned and moisturized, I used Maybelline's BabySkin to prime my t-zone to blur any visible pores. This was the fist time using this product, expect a review (and possibly a comparison)!

I used my favorite Rimmer primer around the rest of my face. Then, I used my favorite concealer to hide any blemishes I may have and under my eyes to help brighten up my dark circles. And lastly, another product I hadn't yet used was the E.l.f HD Undereye Setting Powder to set the concealer. Though, I didn't just set my undereyes, I used it everywhere I used the concealer (i.e cheeks, chin, around the forhead).

Foundation and Illuminate


 Nyx Born to Glow Liquid Illuminator.
Revlon Colorstay 24Hr Makeup.

I didn't do anything special with these, I just mixed them on the back of my hand with a brush and applied as usual. 


 E.l.f Blush Palette in Dark.
 E.l.f Contouring Blush & Bronzing Cream.

I used the bronzing cream to contour, and the blush on the apples of my cheecks. From the E.l.f Blush Palette I used the top left peachy color right over the cream blush very lightly to set it. 

Eyes


 Too Faced Chocolate Bar.
 E.l.f Liquid Eyeliner in Coffee.
 Revlon Photoready Eye Primer + Brightener.
 L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Excess.


Top Row:

 I used the 1st Star (White Chocolate) all over my lid, up to my brow bone.
 I used the 2nd Star (Milk Chocolate) in my crease.
⚫ (Very last step) I used the 3rd Star (Triple Fudge) in my outer crease to add definition.

Middle Row:

 I used the 1st Star (Salted Caramel) all over my lid, and with a blending brush lightly blended it with my crease to rid any harsh lines.

Bottom Row:

 I used the 1st Star (Hazelnut) in my outer crease and blended it out.
 I used the 2nd Star (Champagne Truffle) in the inner corners of my eyes to help brighten them a bit. Again blending everything together to rid andy harsh lines. 

That was my look for tonight! I hope you all enjoyed and thank you for reading!

Have you tried any of the new products I mentioned?
If so, let me know your opinions down bow!(:











10 comments:

  1. I love your posts. I have none of these products but seriously considering buying them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I can't wait to read some of your thoughts on them if you get a chance to try any out! I love drug store products! Lol thank you for reading!(:

      Delete
  2. Don't you just hate when the lighting doesn't cooperate when you're taking pictures?! lol What a gorgeous look you created! When I conceal dark under eye circles I use my Fashion Fair foundation stick. I just make sure it's a very good foundation stick and it makes my skin look flawless! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I do! Especially our place right now is very limited of windows. And thank you Pilar!! I've never heard of Fashion Fair though, is that a higher end name brand?

      Delete
    2. You're welcome! It is a higher end brand. I think I paid about $28 for my foundation stick, but it's worth the money! I only have to use a small amount of the stick to get full coverage. Like I mentioned earlier it works great as a concealer too!

      Delete
    3. Oh I have to check that out! Thank you for letting me know!(:

      Delete
  3. You look gorgoeus! I really want to try that elf under eye powder! I didn't know they made that but I need something to set my concealer with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know either until I received it in my E.l.f Beauty Bundle! It works pretty good so far, especially for being only $3!!

      Delete
  4. I've only tried the Revlon foundation :) You look great and it's sweet of your bf to buy you a new sweater! I'd love to try the Baby Skin and Too Faced palette.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!(: I stopped using the foundation for awhile and I have no idea why lol. Such great full coverage! You should definitely try the Baby Skin and Too faced Palette. The Baby Skin I've heard is very similar to Benefits Porefessional but for much less! And the Palette, omgoodness it smells delicious! Lol Thank you for reading(:

      Delete