Monday, October 20, 2014

E.L.F Review: 13 Piece Face & Lip Palette

Last month I had recieved my second E.l.f Beauty Bundle, which you can read here. One of the products that was chosen for this bundle was the 13 Piece Face & Lip Palette. I was soo intrigued by this palette, because well, you all know I'm a blush girl!




The packaging is pretty plain and simple, yet different from their standard colors with the touch of purple. However, the actual palette it self is very compact and sleek with a matte finish. And of course the Eyes Lips Face name right on front.



As you can see, the prettyness doesn't stop there. The inside is simply gorgeous! You get two blushes, two bronzers, and nine lip shades. The palette also includes a lip brush and a blush/bronzer brush, either of which I probably won't use. 

SWATCHES

Blush and Bronzers:


The first two swatches on the left mirror the blush and bronzer on the left side of the palette. The first blush is a pretty peachy neutral shimmery color, while the bronzer is a light golden shimmery color. I don't typically like shimmers in my bronzers, but if you're going for more of a luminous look, this would be good to use. 

The two colors on the right are also the blush and bronzer on the right side of the palette. The second blush is a light pretty baby pink color, and the bronzer is a slightly darker color than the first one you see. Both again are shimmery. But as you can see, they are all equally and nicely pigmented! For $8, you really can't beat that!

Lip Shades:
(Posted in the order of the palette)

(Top row)

(Middle Row)

(Bottom Row)

The swatches for the lip shades were a bit patchy the first time around. Evidently, I had to go over twice to clean the patchyness, and to see the color better. For the most part (expect for the bottom row), the pictures are true to their color. The bottom row is a bit brighter but not a huge difference. 

All the shades seem to be moisturizing and not that sticky like a lipgloss. They all also have a very slight barely noticeable shimmer to them. So much that I had a hard time deciding if they did or not. 

My overall thoughts/opinion

I loved the sleek packaging and the overall look and placement of the face and lip shades.
E.l.f says this is great for on the go, but I feel the dimensions of the palette are a bit too big for me to want to carry around. Definitely won't fit in the makeup bag.
 The case is very compact. I feel assured that if I did bring it with me, it won't open up in my purse. 
 Even though I said I probably won't use them, I do appreciate the fact E.l.f provided a face and lip brush. Will certainly come in handy if I forget mine!
 The pigmentation is very impressive. Especially the blush and bronzers!
Very inexpensive, great if you're on a budget.
If you're a lip girl, you'll love this palette. If not, I would skip it. Although I love the blushes, I know I won't wear the lip shades often.

And that is all for this quick review, I hope you all enjoyed!

Have you tried this palette yet?
Leave your thoughts and opinions below!







8 comments:

  1. I've purchased several e.l.f. products, and it's 50-50 for me. I like some of the products, then the others I hate. However this palette looks really good and your review was great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely love e.l.f, but I have to agree! A lot of their products are either straight hits or misses. My favorite product by them is their eyebrow kit, have you tried it? This is definitely a really great palette, especially for the price. And if you like lippies, I definitely recommend this! Thank you for reading!(:

      Delete
  2. No I've never tried their eyebrow kit as I wasn't sure whether or not is was worth it, but i'll be sure to check it out when I'm back in the State in December because they don't sell it here in Ireland :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great kit, definitely worth it! Omgosh, Ireland must be so beautiful! I've always wanted to go there!

      Delete
  3. Those blushes and Bronzers look great!! I especially think the first blush swatch looks gorgoeus!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I decided to use the first blush and bronzer today, and IZhave to say, even though they have shimmer, on the skin is hardly noticeable. Best part, very smooth and no flaking! E.l.f definitely did a good job with this palette!

      Delete
  4. I've never purchased any ELF products, but great review! The blushes are pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you should definitely try some of their products! For being so cheap, it's hard to go wrong. As like any brand they have their misses, but they have some pretty awesome hits like their brow kit or their hd powder!

      Delete