Thursday, October 16, 2014

October 2014 Favorites

Hello lovely ladies! Today I will be sharing my October Favorites. Fall time is here, which means darker colors are in! I have to admit however, I haven't been very good with stepping out my comfort zone for a darker lip. Unfortunately, I won't be including any lip products in this post today. Moving farward though, I have a few blushes perfect for fall I've really been loving!


I have quite a bit of favorites this month so I'll jump right in!


First, let me apologize for the super messy lid on my foundation. I was honestly too lazy to clean it out... 

Moving on, starting with the first face products we have:
 L'Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup.
L'Oreal True Match Super-blendable Concealer.
 Rimmel Stay Matte Primer.

L'Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup
I had originally tried this a little over a year ago and I LOVED it. But then I tried others, and when I ran out, I forgot all about this. Recently, I was reminded of this long lost favorite when I was watching someone on youtube. I made it a mission to get my butt to the store and track it down. And I'm soooo happy I did! To me, this has such a beautiful flawless finish, and covers wonderfully. 

Even though I have super oily skin, I forgot just how much I loved this stuff. I usually like my foundations nice and matte with no trace of shine or "glow" (I know I know, defeats the purpose), which is how I wore this when I first used to use it by setting with a powder. This time around though? I can truthfully say that I have only used a setting powder with this once. Every other time, I skip the powder all together. You must be thinking how, if I'm so oily and it states "Luminous" right on the packaging, wellllll that brings me to my next favorite! (Yes, I went out of order, I'm sorry.)

Rimmer Stay Matte Primer
I'm not sure if other matte primers exists, but seeing how the cosmetics industry is always changing and trying to be better than the next, I'm sure there are. I've never heard of them, but when I went to restock on my beloved Rimmel Fix&Perfect Pro Primer, this had caught my eye (not because it was right above it or anything) and I really wanted to try it. 

Like I stayed above, I usually prefer my foundations to be matte, which most of them are. So not to any (or some) surprise, a matte primer paired with a matte foundation, well.. It's just TOO matte. BUT, Rimmel Stay Matte Primer paired with L'Oreal True Match Lumi, a perfect combo! 

This primer dries matte, but still leaves a smooth canvas for foundation application. This also makes my (lumi) foundation the perfect balance of luminous and matte. It still has that luminous glow, without being too oily or shiny. I feel like this primer controls that aspect extremely well, and my makeup even lasts all day. This is definitely a new staple piece in my collection, and the only one I will use with the lumi foundation!

L'Oreal True Match Super-blendable Concealer
I've only tried a couple concealers, but so far I really like this one. It covers my dark circles when I don't get enough sleep, and redness from sore breakouts. I haven't used concealers much until last month, since I really had no reason to. This lasts all day, but if you apply to much, it will get cakey. I really want to try out the Mac Pro-long Concealer, have any of you tried it? But until then, this is my current favorite and I would definitely recommend it!


Next I have a couple blushes to show. Blushes are my absolute favorite piece of makeup. I just love the gorgeous flush of colors you can choose to help really pull any look together.

 E.l.f Blush Palette.
Flower Beauty Cream Blush.
 Maybelline Fit Me Blush.

E.l.f Blush Palette 
When I was shopping on the E.l.f site about a month or two ago, I was really excited when I saw this. I'm a blush fanatic (if it isn't obvious already(; ), so of course I had to have it! There are two different palettes with convenient names "Dark" and "Light. I own both. My favorite one at the moment, can you guess? .. The dark palette! But since it was late afternoon when I took these pictures, the lighting is really off so here is a better image:


The lighting is still a bit off, but this shows the color much better. The colors I've been using the most are the two on the right. The top right is a really pretty darker form of a babie pink color, while the bottom right is a darker berry color. I do plan on doing a full indepth review of both palettes soon!

Flower Beauty Cream Blush
Flower Beauty is a new cosmetics line made by Drew Barrymore, which are sold exclusively in Walmart stores. Her line is very affordable, and of good quality (from her intentions and what I hear). I have only tried two products from this line, with this being one of them. There are several different blushes, and I believe I got the darkest shade? I'm not sure, it's been awhile. The color I got however is "Rose-O-Den-Dron". A unique name to say the least. But the color payoff, and how it looks and feels on your cheeks. Phenomenal. I'm obsessed. It's the perfect shade for fall, and I definitely plan on going back for more (when I'm not broke of course!).

Maybelline Fit Me Blush
The last blush I have been loving this month is this one from Maybelline's Fit Me Line in Light Nude. Even though the name is nude, I certainly see a peachy tone to it. It's by far a gorgeous color, but it does take a few strokes for it to show up on my fair skin. I really love the color though, so I don't mind. I'm not sure if all the blushes in this line are like this, as I only own one, but I do plan on adding more to my growing collection. 


For eyes, I have a few products I've been loving and obssesing over.

 Estee Lauder Sumptuous Bold Volume™ Lifting Mascar Sample.
 Maybelline The NUDES Palette.
L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes.
 E.l.f Smudge Pot.

Estee Lauder Sumptuous Bold Volume™ Lifting Mascara
I've never tried a high end mascara before until I recieved this in a gift set along with my purchase. This is also the first time I have used a fiber mascara. And I have to say, the first stroke/coat seriously amazed me. I have never tried a mascara that was anything close to this. I would definitely by the full size if it were in my price range. This gives both awesome volume and length, I couldn't ask for anything more. And being a fiber mascara, I had no problem with getting anything in my eyes (yay!). The formula on this is great, not to wet or dry. Perfectly in the middle. And since I like my mascaras to be more dry, a few days of using, I love it even more(;

Maybelline The NUDES Palette 
Everyone has already raved about this all over the beauty community, and I just had to add to the hype! I haven't worn eyeshadows in years. I didn't plan on buying this, but one day I said what the heck. It's cheap, affordable, and in arms reach. I wanted to see what all the fuss was about, and boy do I ever! With 12 different shades, the possibilities are nearly endless! And they blend sooo smoothly (with an eye primer of course). My eyelids do tend to get oily also, and so far I have gone a full work day with no creasing. I have not tried using this without a primer, so I really can't be sure if it's the primer or both. I'm certainly happy I finally caved though, definitely going to be a repurchase for me!

L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes
I picked this up when I couldn't find my beloved one by Rimmel. I haven't tried many L'Oreal mascaras, simply for the fact I haven't had much luck. But this. This one really takes the cake! My lashes look so full and rich, I believe I have a new hg. I honestly wasn't expecting much, but I have to stop judging a book by it's cover..or brand. Just because I had no luck with a few, doesn't mean I will with all, right?

E.l.f Smudge Pot
If you saw my beauty bundle post, then you should remember this. This is a cream eye shadow in the color "Back To Basics". I don't really use this as a straight shadow, but rather a base/primer. I've ony used this with the Nudes Palette, and it does a great job. The color is a pretty light shimmery gold, and goes with just about every color beautifully. The color payoff is also really great. I love the formula and smooth consistency of this. Super easy to apply with an eyeshawdow brush or just using your fingers!


And finally, contouring! 

Covergirl Tru Blend Pressed Powder.

Covergirl Tru Blend Pressed Powder
I haven't really found anything that I really like to use for a contour. I know your supposed to use a cool tone color, but since I have no idea how to tell what undertone a product has, I'm left guessing. This is a good product, and since I've been using it the majority of the month, I decided to add it to my favorites. However, I'm not sure this is really my favorite product to use to contour with.. I got this in the shade "Translucent Honey", thinking any darker would have been too dark. But, I was wrong. This shade is a tad too light. I'm still deciding if I will pick this up in a darker color or not or try something else. We shall see!

*I know this is up a bit early, but since we are moving in just over two weeks, I wanted to make sure it was up in case I get too busy. But that is all for my favorites this month, I hope you enjoyed!

What have you been loving this month?!




6 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous, I wish I had these products. The mascara sounds amazing! Definitely going to keep my eye open for it! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should really try it, I think you'd like it! It's a different kind of wand, but I absolutely love it! I'm glad you enjoyed this post!(:

      Delete
  2. Nice post! I must check out that eyeshadow palette! It looks great!

    xo T.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You so should! So many great looks tou can create, plus they give you some looks to start with on the back of palette with directions!

      Delete
  3. Great Favorites!! I want one of those elf blush palettes so bad! I haven't seen any in stores around my house where they sell elf. I might have to order one online!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen them in store either, I had to order them online. But they are ALWAYS having sales! I love these blushes, and you can even pop the colors out of the palette and interchange them between the dark and light palette which is pretty neat!

      Delete