Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Drugstore Haul

The other day I went shopping with intentions of only getting one thing.. My beloved L'Oreal Paris True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup, because mine broke over the weekend :'( (foundations should not be in a glass bottle for people like me). But of course, being a girl, you know that never happens. You always come out with more than what you originally planned.


Clearly, I got way more than I was supposed to. My boyfriend wasn't too pleased either...woops.


So the first couple of items I decided to pick up was the L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara. I couldn't decide between this one or the gold packaging. I'm really not sure what the difference was, but as you can tell, I went with the black one. I've heard so many great things about this, I had to give it a go. The wand on the other hand is nothing like what I'm used to use. I usually prefer big thick bristles but I'm trying not to judge before I try it.

The next thing I got was an NYC eyeliner in white. I wanted something to help make my eyes look more awake and felt like this would do the trick. I know I won't be using this often, so 97 cents sounded pretty good.

And with the fall here now, a nice berry lip is a must! I picked up one of Maybelline's Elixer lip glosses in Amethyst Potion. I'm trying to step out of my comfort zone as I don't usually wear a dark lip. I figured a lipgloss would be great for just that, rather than jumping right into a bold lipstick. This is a very pretty deep purple color, and my goodness do these smell amazing!


So, of course we have what I originally went in for, the L'Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup. After I grabbed that, I was thinking about bronzers for contouring for some reason. I haven't found anything that I really liked using when I stumbled upon the Covergirl Tru Blend Mineral Pressed Powder. I'm surprised I even saw this since it was floor level. I wanted a color dark enough to contour (obviously) but light enough so it looks natural. And since you can't test before buying, I went in blind. I ultimately decided on the color Translucent Honey. I haven't tried it yet, but I hope it's what I'm looking for!


Finally, I got the EcoTools Six Piece Essential Eye Set. I really needed some eye brushes and about $8 these looked pretty good and also had some good reviews. I have a couple EcoTools brushes that I really like, so I hope these are just as good.

And lastly, I finaaaally decided to grab the new Maybelline's The NUDES Palette. I never had much interest, until recently when I saw some people really loving this and decided to further check it out on Makeupalley. Well, all the reviews sold me and so I caved in! I plan on using this this weekend, so a review will be up soon. 

That's all for this haul, thank you for reading!

Have you tried any of these products?
How about the NUDES Palette?
Let me know what you think!(:

6 comments:

  1. I love the nudes palette!! I use it almost everyday! I'm excited to see what you think about the teleacopic Mascara! I use the one in the gold tube but wanted to try the one you got when mine runs out to see what the difference is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking for to trying it out this weekend! I told myself I need to start wearing eyeshadow more often, so I'm giving it a go lol The wand on the Telescopic definitely looks like something that'll take me a lil getting used to, but I plan on trying the gold one next! I couldn't remember which one you had I first wanted to try so I just went for one lol thank you for reading!

      Delete
  2. Great haul! I just discussed the Maybelline The Nudes Palette too in my recent post, and I can't wait to use it! I don't own any Eco Tools brushes, but I hear they're good brushes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading! I think you should definitely try them out, especially if you like your brushes really soft and easy to work it! I own the one meant for bb/cc creams and one other the powder brush by them. I think you would really like them!

      Delete
  3. The Nudes Palette is my favourite purchase of the summer. The colours are so pretty and very pigmented. I found that they last too! :) Hope you like it just as much as I do!

    http://mythoughtsviewsandvalues.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now tha I have it, I'm becoming more and more excited to try ir out lol and I just found out, to go along with The Nudes Palette, maybelline also came out with The SMOKES Palette and The BRIGHTS Palette I really want now! But I haven't yet seen them in any stores around me :/

      Delete