Saturday, October 11, 2014

FOTN: Featuring Maybelline's The NUDES Palette

So I was going to wait till tomorrow to try out the new Maybelline palette, but I was too anxious I couldn't wait. 



First, let me apologize for the horrible quality of these pictures. Unfortunately, my phone finally had enough, and was forced to buy a cheap one until I can afford the one I really want. (No, I do not own a camera).

But anywho, this is the look I came up. And I have to say, I was really happy with this palette. Now I can't wait to find Maybelline's other new palettes, The SMOKES and The BRIGHTS. Have any of you seen or tried them yet?!


This is everything I used to create this look.

For the face:


 Rimmel's Stay Matte Primer.
L'Oreal Paris True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Healthy Makeup.
 L'Oreal True Match Super-blendable Concealer.
(to conceal and highlight).
 Covergirl Tru Blend Pressed Powder in Translucent Honey
(to contour).
 Maybelline Fit Me Blush in Light Nude.

For the lips:


 Nyx Butter gloss in Creme Brulee.
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Violet Frenzy.

First I coated my lips with Revlon's Violet Frenzy. I let it sit fot a few minutes before wiping it off to leave a stain behind. Then I topped it off with the Creme Brulee Butter gloss.

For the eyes:


Rimmel Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara.
E.l.f Eyelid Primer in Pearl.
E.l.f Eyebrow kit.
Curling wand.
 Maybelline's The NUDES Palette.


Even though the Maybelline's NUDE Palette comes with pre-set looks with directions on the back on the packaging, I decided to be creative and do my own look. Well, this is what I came up with! 



Top Row:

⚫ The 1st X I used all over my lid, up to the brow bone as the transition color.
The 2nd X I used all over my lid.
The 3rd X I used in my crease and blended it out.

Bottom Row:

The 1st X I used in the inner corners of my eyes.
The 2nd X I used in my outer crease and blended it out. I also used this to line my bottom lashline.
The 3rd X I used also in my outer crease and blended out to add definition.

Like I had said before, I don't wear eyeshadow much, so I am an amateur in training! But I hope you all enjoyed this post and liked the overall look. Have a fun and safe holiday weekend everyone!

Have you tried The NUDES Palette yet?
What about the other two new palettes?
















7 comments:

  1. You have beautiful eyes, the eye make up is really nice too. Glad you joined the palette fan club lol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I'm glad I did too! For some reason I just didn't think I was goingbto care for it, but I can definitely see mysels using this alot!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look gorgoeus!! I'm glad you are enjoying the nudes palette!
    I just got the smokes one but haven't found the brights yet! So far I like the nudes better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely do a comparison then! I haven't seen either or, but then again, I haven't been to a cvs/walgreens in awhile. Where did you find it? And I am! So far I've been using it all weekend. Really fun to play around with!

      Delete
    2. I found it at Walgreens! I will definitely do a comparison post very soon!

      Delete